The Youth Academy program offers advanced recreational and aspiring elite players the opportunity to discover a deeper passion to play and learn the game. All training and games are conducted by a licensed HTX Soccer coach following our proven player development curriculum.
Teams are split by gender & ability, following evaluations in the first few weeks of training. The goal is to place each player in an environment that is suitably challenging but allows opportunities for success and confidence building.
Who Can Play? Any Boy or Girl born 2016 – 2014 is welcome to be evaluated.
The cost of uniforms is separate from your player’s registration fees. The Youth Academy uniform kit is provided through Soccer.com and is approx. $100 + taxes & shipping. Uniforms are valid from Fall 2023-Spring 2025.
For uniform information & purchasing, click here.
Your player’s uniforms are customized which means it may take several weeks to ship. Please keep this in mind when ordering. If your uniform doesn’t arrive before the first game, improvise by using a t-shirt, which your child is welcome to decorate & customize.
Players train twice per week with our professionally licensed coaches.
Fall season: August 7 – December 3
Spring season: January 22 – May 5
Location: North Park Recreational Area (4300 Woodland Hills Dr, Kingwood, TX 77339) & River Grove Park (1075 Woodland Hills Dr, Kingwood, TX 77339)
|5:00 PM - 6:30PM||Girls 2016-2015||Boys 2016-2014, Girls 2014||Girls 2016-2015||Boys 2016-2014, Girls 2014|
Game schedules are available in the PlayMetrics App for the team you are placed on. The schedule is released during the week prior to the first game.
Games in the Fall will begin on September 16, and games in the Spring will begin on February 17 and will be played on either Saturday or Sunday, depending on the level of the team.
- If you have questions or concerns about the program, please email us to schedule an appointment with a Director.
- Please do not interrupt training sessions or games, unless it is an emergency.
- After training sessions and games, our coaches must ensure the safe release of all players, then transition to their next game/training session. Please do not disrupt this process.
Drop-off / Pick-up
- No children should walk to/from the parking lot without a parent or guardian
- Please get out your car, drop your child off at the side of the field, and collect them from the side of the field at the end of training/games.
- You do not have to stay and observe every training session and game
- All parents & guardians are welcome to observe, but must remain on the parents’ side of the field
- Only registered players and professional coaches are allowed on the field, in the interest of the safety of the participants.
- No coaching from the sidelines, relax and let the kids play
- Verbal abuse of referees will not be tolerated; violators will be ordered to leave the fields
- Encourage players to work hard, take risks, and enjoy the game
- Promote and foster a relaxed, positive environment, where players can thrive and develop.
Bring the following to every training session and game:
- Inflated soccer ball
- Large water bottle
- Shin guards (under long soccer socks)
- Soccer cleats (with laces tied in double-knot)
- Work hard
- Display respect for coaches, teammates & referees
- Practice consistently at home
- Play with a freedom, without fear of making mistakes